Download Plum’s Creaturizer
Go on a nature adventure with Plum's Creaturizer! Kids and families can build wild creatures, then head outdoors to photograph them right in their own backyard. It's part of PLUM LANDING, a PBS KIDS project that helps kids develop a love for this amazing, beautiful, and dramatic planet we call home.
The app provides opportunities for kids and their families to interact with nature in a thoughtful way and have fun exploring together.
• Build a billion (really!) unique creatures using over a hundred body parts based on real animals.
• Customize each creature's body, head, legs, eyes, tail, wings, ears, horns, and skin.
• Take photos of your creature outdoors, "photobombing" them into the scene.
• Complete missions for each creature in which you consider its needs (habitat, diet, and adaptations).
• Answer questions to get you thinking about how your creatures might live – how they hunt, eat, look for water, make homes, defend themselves, and raise their young.
• Watch a slideshow featuring a day in the life of your creature.
• Visit the gallery, displaying all your creatures, and add to, review, or edit your photos. Photos are saved to the in-app Gallery and your device's camera roll.
About Plum Landing
Plum’s Creaturizer is based on the PBS KIDS web-original PLUM LANDING, developed by WGBH, producers of award-winning kids programs such as ARTHUR, CURIOUS GEORGE and MARTHA SPEAKS. Targeting kids ages 6-9, the app is designed to extend the series’ environmental science curriculum. WGBH worked closely with advisors (and kids!) to develop this app.
About PBS KIDS
Plum’s Creaturizer is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
Across all media platforms, PBS KIDS is committed to creating a safe and secure environment for children and families and being transparent about what information is collected from users.
Major funding for PLUM LANDING is provided by the National Science Foundation, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and the Kendeda Fund. Additional funding is provided by the Northern Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
PLUM LANDING™ is produced by WGBH. This PLUM LANDING material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DRL-1114515. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.